Menopause is a natural part of aging for women, typically kicking in between 45 and 55. It marks the end of fertility and menstrual cycles as hormones begin to shift. Unfortunately, menopause also brings various physical and emotional changes, including decreased sexual pleasure.
Per stats, only half of women in their 50s continue having intercourse, with the number dropping to 27% for women in their 70s. While it's natural for sexual desire to decline with age, it's still possible to revive sensation and enhance sexual pleasure during menopause. This article outlines surefire strategies to improve sexual sensation, but first, let's understand the decline.
Understanding the Decline in Sexual Sensation
Various natural changes during menopause affect sexual desire and pleasure. Below is a closer look:
1. Hormonal Changes and Their Impact on Sexual Response
Hormones are responsible for sexual arousal, and estrogen and testosterone are key players. Estrogen specifically plays a role in vaginal lubrication, elasticity, and blood flow to the genitals. As estrogen levels drop during menopause, it can lead to vaginal dryness and discomfort during intercourse.
2. Vaginal Dryness and Atrophy
The decrease in estrogen levels leads to a decrease in the production of natural vaginal lubrication. This typically results in pain during intercourse as the vagina may not be able to stretch enough to allow comfortable penetration. Atrophy - the thinning and shrinking of the vaginal walls - can also occur during menopause.
3. Psychological, Emotional, and Communication Factors
Menopause can bring psychological and emotional changes, such as decreased self-esteem, depression, and anxiety. These feelings may contribute to a lack of libido or pleasure from intercourse. Additionally, communication between partners is essential for an enjoyable sexual experience. As menopause brings changes in the body and emotions, it's crucial to talk with a partner about any concerns you have to ensure mutual satisfaction during intercourse.
Strategies for Enhancing Sexual Pleasure During Menopause
All's not lost; a healthy sex life after menopause is not an illusion! Below are some strategies to revive sexual pleasure and sensation during menopause.
1. "Used It or Lose It": The Importance of Regular Sexual Activity
As with all things, "use it or lose it" applies to sexual pleasure. Regular sexual activity helps keep the genital area and muscles healthy and responsive - essential for arousal and orgasm. It's essential to note that this doesn't mean having penetrative intercourse; manual stimulation, oral sex, and other activities can help maintain sensitivity.
Below are a few tips to keep the pleasure going during menopause :
- Use a lubricant to reduce friction and discomfort during intercourse.
- Spend time touching and exploring each other's bodies to increase arousal.
- Share your feelings, desires, and concerns with your partner.
- Experiment with different positions that may be more comfortable for you.
2. Prioritizing Foreplay: Building Anticipation and Arousal
Though foreplay often isn't given enough attention, it's essential for pleasure during menopause. Foreplay helps build anticipation and arousal, as well as relax the body and mind. Additionally, spending extra time caressing each other's bodies, engaging in oral sex, and teasing can help increase natural lubrication.
These tips can help you make the most of foreplay:
- Take your time and enjoy the moment.
- Focus on areas that are erogenous for both of you.
- Switch roles and take turns pleasing each other.
- Experiment with different kinds of touch, such as massage or light tickling.
3. Changing the Routine: Spice Things up to Reignite Desire
Routine can be a passion killer. This is especially true during menopause, when desire and pleasure may have declined. Changing the routing by engaging in new activities together can help revive your sex life.
Here are some ideas on how to spice up your routine :
- Plan a romantic evening and set the mood with music, candles, etc.
- Try out new positions or activities in the bedroom.
- Use sex toys and other products to enhance pleasure.
- Go on a romantic getaway together for a change of scenery.
4. Introducing Sex Toys: Enhancing Pleasure and Variety
Introducing sex toys to your bedroom can help enhance pleasure and add variety. From vibrators and dildos to lubricants and massage oils, the possibilities are endless. Many of these products are designed to stimulate erogenous zones and increase pleasure during intercourse.
Below are some guidelines for introducing sex toys in the bedroom to ensure you're not left feeling frustrated :
- Talk with your partner about what you're interested in trying.
- Research different products to make sure they fit your needs and desires.
- Start small and slowly explore new sensations together.
- Communicate during playtime to make sure everyone is having a good time.
5. Self-Exploration and Masturbation: Getting to Know Your Body
Self-exploration and masturbation can be invaluable for enhancing your pleasure during menopause. It's a superb way to get to know your body and learn about what brings you pleasure. Additionally, masturbating can help you become more comfortable with your sexuality, which may lead to increased confidence in the bedroom.
These tips can help you explore safely and confidently:
- Choose a time and place where you feel relaxed and comfortable.
- Try different kinds of touch, such as caressing, rubbing, or light tickling.
- Focus on your breath and body to stay in the moment.
- Explore fantasies and visualizations that turn you on.
6. The Role of vFit Gold: The Ultimate Sexual Enhancer
vFit Gold is the perfect product for enhancing pleasure during menopause. This patented technology delivers red light therapy to help revitalize and restore vaginal tissue in mid-life women. vFit Gold helps increase sensitivity, blood flow, lubrication, tightness, and overall pleasure.
Here are some potential advantages of using vFit Gold:
- Increases sensitivity and arousal.
- Reduces discomfort.
- Improves natural lubrication.
- Enhances orgasm quality.
- Increases tightness and pleasure.
The menopausal period can be challenging for many women, often accompanied by decreased sexual desire and pleasure. Fortunately, there are several ways to revive sensation and pleasure during menopause. Foreplay is essential for arousal and lubrication, while self-exploration and masturbation can help you get to know your body. Sex toys can also be an excellent way to add variety and spice things up. But if you're looking for an all-natural yet technologically improved solution, vFit Gold may be the perfect product!