For women in mid-life, staying active is essential not only for our physical fitness but also our mental health, hormonal balance, and maintaining muscle mass. Engaging in regular full-body workouts—including your pelvic floor—helps combat the effects of aging, such as decreased strength and muscle mass, while also supporting heart health and metabolism.
Head-to-Toe Workout Routine
Start with a cardio warm-up to get the blood flowing and increase heart rate. This could include brisk walking, swimming, or cycling for 10-15 minutes.
Utilize resistance bands, dumbbells, or bodyweight exercises to target major muscle groups such as:
- Upper Body: Push-ups, bicep curls, shoulder presses, and tricep dips.
- Lower Body: Squats, lunges, hip thrusts, and leg presses.
- Core: Planks, oblique twists, bicycle crunches, and pelvic tilts.
Flexibility and Balance
Incorporate yoga or Pilates exercises to improve flexibility and balance, which are crucial for preventing injuries and maintaining mobility.
Pelvic Floor Exercises
Devote specific attention to the pelvic floor muscles, especially in mid-life and beyond. Strengthening these muscles helps with bladder control, sexual function, and supports the organs in the pelvic area.
Strengthening the Pelvic Floor
Kegel exercises involve contracting and relaxing the pelvic floor muscles. You can identify the pelvic floor muscles by stopping the flow of urine (only as a way to identify the muscles, not as part of the exercise). To perform Kegels:
- Contract these muscles for 5 seconds, then relax for 5 seconds. Aim for 10-15 repetitions, 3 times a day.
- Gradually increase the duration of contraction and the number of repetitions as the muscles strengthen.
vFit Gold uses red LED light, gentle heat, and sonic vibration to strengthen and tone the pelvic floor, promoting natural hydration and a feeling of tightness. This easy and effective device is Ob-Gyn designed to be used in the privacy and comfort of your own home. To use vFit Gold:
- Turn on your device and apply Photonic Gel to the tip.
- Insert vFit vaginally until the light window is completely covered. Sit back and relax.
- Use for 10-12 minutes, 3 times per week for 6-8 weeks, then 1-2 times per week thereafter to maintain results.
For women in mid-life, staying active through head-to-toe workouts tailored to our needs is essential for maintaining overall health and fitness. Additionally, paying attention to pelvic floor health by integrating targeted exercises like Kegels and utilizing innovative devices such as vFit Gold ensures comprehensive well-being, empowering women to navigate this transformative phase of our lives with strength and confidence.